Monday, October 15, 2007

This ain't rap it's blogsport...

Yo this ain't rap, it's blogsport your life cut short, you fell short pressure's on high, full court my team form killer instincts and fire arms dangerous stuff mine's brainstorm wars a life of a wild rebel, who run wild clik (blaow-blaow) ninja lay down (blaow) fool stay down. Appear, disappear, a hydro cloud while you running at the mouth a hundred miles, I'm out...

There you have it, a blog-dap-tation of a timeless classic. So first I would like to thank Prodigy for the words and then that round marble looking thing rolling around in my head for that wonderful stroke of genius.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A PG 13 BLOG. THERE MAY BE THINGS THAT WILL UPSET SOME. SO IF YOU READ THIS AND ARE OFFENDED, BY ALL MEANS POST SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Friday 10:00pm. No transport right now because the car's in the shop. And when I say in the shop I mean I don't have one. Someday soon I will, so until then I mooch rides from my friends, walk and take cabs.

Taxi gets here, I hop in and we make our way to the Echo for the 87 stick up kids, Pacific Division and Brother Reade.

10:10pm @ The Echo, no one here, get to the bar, buy a 5 dollar beer and leave a dollar tip. I find myself in the corner thinking about the cost of beer in LA and playing bubble breaker on my cell phone. As we can already see I'm well on the way to going home with some lucky lady tonight.

Around 10:30 the crew starts to arrive, after hugs and kisses we make it out to the back for a smoke and some catch up.

87 Stick-up Kids go on stage and ROCK THE FUCKING HOUSE!!! For those of you who know me know that I'm a little partial, but still the show kicked ass. After 87, Pacific Division came on with a killer set that I ended up getting on stage for at the end. It was pretty killer. Thanks for the fun guys.

That was the first time I had seen Pacific Division live and have to say I was impressed. Check'em out here: http://www.pacificdivision.com

Then came Brother Reade, which was great.

After the show we hung out in the back.

CUT TO: Ext. Sunset Blvd @ 1:55am.

Nash and Tarl at a dead run headed for the liquor store. They make it just in time and leave with some beer for the after party.

Over to Nash's crib where the close homies and ladies hang for a bit tying a few on and cleaning poor Elana out of house and home.

3:30am James, Kelly and I leave to get some real grub. James somehow talks us into going down to Pacific Dining Car. I thought it was kinda cool to eat in the same place where they shot the three wise men scene in Training Day.

James and I got into a conversation about money, having, not having, but mostly wanting. From what I can remember. I found myself eating at a classy joint simply for the novelty of eating at a place "that I don't really belong in". Taco Zone would have been fine with me. You know not having a lot of money and all, one should not go spending too much on food.

This concept actually dug into me deeply. Why should I want to eat at a place that is regarded as "classy" just so I could feel classy. The funny thing was that the food was good and the place was nice but the only other people there were drunk and complete idiots, making a lot of noise and kinda fuck'n with the ambiance (French pronunciation).

I started to wonder if I was the same guy as that inebriated fellow who could barely make his way to the bathroom. Did I just not belong there, was I there to seek approval, not from someone but from myself? Was I there to buy expensive food because I wanted it? Or was I there to buy expensive food because I could? After much soul searching I have yet to come to a conclusion. I think the answer lies somewhere in between wanting good food and being willing to pay for it, and wanting to be in a place that others consider classy.

So after all that I picked up the tab.

6:30am: We made our way back to my neck of the woods, they dropped me off, I got up to the apartment, looked for a beer in the fridge, spent a bit of time wondering if James and Kelly were gonna have sex, after deducing that it was probably a 50/50 chance I gave up. With a little luck I would be asleep before the sun started shining through the windows.

I was lucky.

Tarl

P.S. That's my first blog. I like it. Hope you do too, and for all the haters out there I'm sure we'll meet somewhere on the long journey to the middle.

4 comments:

Scrawny said...

Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ!

Great blog, I am now aware of your quiet, introspective side.

And I didn't know you drank. WTF.

How are we to go into business together, running a bar that sold only non-alcoholic drinks? We were going to call it the Christian Right.

Still, great blog.

the pubes said...

Booya booya booya! Looking good.

Micah James said...

"To all my mobb crimies, money, hungry and grimey, mobb-sheisty, godfather III and gotti, rapper noyd, ty maxx and ty nitty, scarface and gambino, new york city..."

Eva said...

The great thing about this shit is that I can hear you talking in the way you write.... its like being able to visit, nay- stalk you in the middle of the night.